Broadview Technologies has developed a line of revolutionary flame retardants and intumescent agents that we call INTUMAX. Our INTUMAX products are ideal for incorporation into a variety of applications, such as:
- Thermoset coatings and foams
- Potting compounds
- Fiberglass reinforced structures
- Electrical laminates
The INTUMAX line is also useful for many other applications beyond this list as well. When blended into your resin system, INTUMAX will react to heat or flame to foam and form a thick, high-yield char barrier. This char barrier mitigates fire and prevents further flame spread, as well as insulates and protects the coated substrate from heat damage.
INTUMAX has also proven to be successful in applications, such as epoxy, acrylic, vinyl acetate, urethane, polypropylene and PVC resin systems. Coatings only 3 mils (3/1000 of an inch) thick, at loading levels of only 10-20%, can foam up to 1.5 inches.
INTUMAX is halogen-free and does not evolve into the highly toxic and corrosive gasses associated with many other fire retardants. Additionally, INTUMAX has low water solubility and will not leach out over time, like other flame retardants tend to do.
Broadview offers a wide range of INTUMAX products, each with their own unique applications and characteristics. You can view all of the Data Sheets of our products, as well as SDS information for each on our site. Here are just a few of the products that we have developed:
- INTUMAX EP1115X-HP: This unique two-component epoxy fire-retardant coating that forms a robust, dense char insulation layer that protects substrates from heat damage. This product has many advantages, such as excellent adhesion to steel I-beams, high-impact resistance, water and chemical resistance, low smoke, and versatility.
- INTUMAX EP200C: INTUMAX EP 200C is a unique, two component epoxy intumescent fire retardant that forms a clear, continuous char foam, protecting products from both heat and flame.
- INTUMAX FR-WC: This product is a water-based, intumescent flame-retardant, ideal for mattress padding layers, carpet backing, wood, insulation, cardboard, and similar substrates. It’s easy to spray, and can be incorporated into water-based paints and adhesives as well.
These are just a few examples from our line of products. Check out the Data Sheets for a full list of what we’ve developed.